Sean Rigsby is a former member of Team MDUSA, one of two privately funded Olympic Weightlifting teams in the United States. He trains alongside Olympic hopefuls and National Champions to prepare for National and International competitions. Sean has coached many individuals, including athletes in the NFL, MLB, NCAA Football, Volleyball, Soccer, Baseball, Rugby, and Track and Field. In addition he has produced several Olympic Weightlifters, Powerlifters, and CrossFit Regional competitors. While Sean’s focus on training come first, he divides his time between conducting seminars across the country, coaching the Heavy Metal Barbell Online Program, and writing quality programming for Sport and Functional Performance athletes.
- USAW Level 1 Sport Performance Coach
- CrossFit Level 1
- CrossFit Football Certified Coach
- Pendlay Level 2
- 2017 Weightlifting Ireland National Champion
- 2015 USAW University Nationals Bronze Medalist 105+kg (Total; C&J)
- 2015 USAW Nationals 4th Place Finish 105+kg
- 2014 American Open Bronze Medalist 105+kg (Total; C&J)
- 2014 Arnold Weightlifting Championship 2nd Place 105+kg
- 2012 & 2013 California State Olympic Weightlifting Champion 105+kg
- 2011 USAPL California State Champion 110kg
- USAPL California State Record Holder
- B.A. English Literature, Arizona State University
Mike Vidas grew up in Nebraska, where he played soccer and wrestled from a young age. After a successful high school career in sport, Mike went on to play soccer at the NCAA D-1 Level. After graduating from college, Mike joined the U.S. Navy to help defend his country. During his time spent in service, Mike served as a Search and Rescue Swimmer deploying to the Far East, the Middle East, South America and several other Pacific Areas of Operation. It was during this time that Mike found CrossFit, as his unit used the methodologies to remain combat effective. After leaving the Navy, Mike has worked at several CrossFit affiliates, most notably his time spent coaching for Jacob Tsypkin at CrossFit Monterey.
In 2014, Mike opened his own affiliate, Xiong CrossFit, in Taipei, Taiwan -- the first affiliate in the country. Mike was formerly the head trainer for Xiong CrossFit, and the Director of Performance for Taipei Strength & Conditioning, a company that he founded to bring professional strength and conditioning to Taiwan.
Currently, Mike is the co-owner and head trainer at Mathúin Athletics in New Jersey. He trains athletes competing in competitive exercise, weightlifting, track and field, powerlifting, and a variety of school age sports. Mike currently is a CrossFit Level 2 Trainer, a certified Hybrid Athlete Coach through Complete Human Performance, an NASM & NSCA CPT, and holds a USSF “B” License holder.
Tayler Harris is a native of North Carolina & former Team MDUSA Athlete. Before she fell in love with the lifting heavy, she competed in a diverse array of sports – from soccer and basketball to CrossFit and bouldering. At her first USAW Senior Nationals in 2014, she placed 6th in the 75 kilo class with a total of 182. When she is not training, coaching, or talking weightlifting, she enjoys a good micro brew and BBQ.
- USAW 2017 Bronze Medalist (C&J)
- USAW L1 Performance Coach
- CrossFit Football Trainer
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Certified
- B.A. Political Science, UNC-Asheville