If you follow @seanmrigsby on Instagram, you have seen his humble bragging about our Sunday meal prep for the last three weeks. It is a mandatory part of our schedule. Between running a budding barbell program, working, and training ourselves, prepping everything in advance is the only way we survive each week. Breakfast is hard for me since I have usually overslept and have about 10 minutes to get ready for work & get out the door or risk getting stuck in horrendous traffic. These egg cups have become a life safer. So let's get on with the recipe shall we?
Tayler's Easy Egg Cups (Makes 24 cups)
99 Calories - 1C/6F/10P
1 lb Jimmy Dean's Natural Pork Sausage
40 oz Egg Whites
1.5 cup Frozen Spinach (Or 1/2 lb Fresh Spinach)
2 Bell Peppers, diced
1/2 cup Shredded Mexican Cheese
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Spray down muffin tins with non-stick spray of your choice (I use Spray Olive Oil).
3) Remove Sausage from container & brown in a pan. Make sure to break into smaller bits as it cooks. Remove from heat & allow to cool.
4) As the sausage cools, add spinach to each cup. (If using frozen spinach, microwave per the bags instructions before partitioning into each cup.)
5) Dice 2 bell peppers into small pieces. Distribute the bits evenly between each cup.
6) Divide ground sausage evenly between the cups.
7) Fill each cup with egg whites, making sure to leave room for the cups to "grow".
8) Sprinkle a little bit of cheese onto each cup.
9) Pop into the oven for 20 mins.
10) Gently remove from tray & store in your fridge for a week's worth of breakfast!
You can change out the veggies each week if you get bored easily. Mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, & broccoli would all be super tasty!
To reheat these suckers, pop them in the microwave for about 1:30 to 2 minutes! Breakfast on the go is served!